What is Retargeting?

Retargeting is a form of digital advertising that allows you to reconnect with those potential customers that got away.

Retargeting, also called Remarketing, helps you re-engage users who have visited your website and left without making a purchase. You know when you’re shopping on Amazon, leave and head over to a news site to find the duvet cover you were just looking at? Ya, that’s retargeting. Retargeting ads are served up to people who’ve already stopped by your website. By way of a tracking pixel on your website, retargeting ads anonymously follow your audience throughout their online journey to later target them with personalized product offers.

How does Retargeting work?

As mentioned above a tracking pixel (very small piece of code) drops an anonymous, undetectable browser cookie on the machine of every visitor that visits your website. When that visitor leaves your site or browse your retargeting ads are displayed to those shoppers based on their previous behavior and interactions with products on your website.

Will I benefit from Retargeting?

It is estimated that 2% of the traffic to your site will make a purchase before leaving. That leaves a whopping 98% of your traffic leaving without making a purchase. Retargeting is your opportunity to convert these visitors. It allows you to keep the product(s) they were interested in on your website front of mind. Retargeting is a much more targeted marketing spend focused on your most engaged visitors. The result is a higher ROI potential than less targeted methods. Do you see an opportunity to benefit from Retargeted digital advertising?

How do I get started?

We’re happy to help you explore the opportunity and manage your digital advertising efforts. Use the chat below to reach us right now, or feel free to tell us more about your project.

Plan Your Project